Monday, June 7, 2010

New Apartment!

I'm so excited to move into the new place Al and I just got. We are moving in July 14th so we still have a little over a month but I am brainstorming some designs. I really want to make our place a real home, and I'm thrilled to have my own craft room! Here are some inspiring photos that I may steal some ideas from!


I don't want to paint the walls, so I'm going to go with the white walls and then pops of color (top picture, the pop of the espresso machine is fantastic). I have to paint our end tables but not sure what color to do that in... they are so blah though! Whatever, 10 for 2 ikea tables on craigslist, can't go wrong. I also have chalkboard paint, so I want to find something to paint that with... maybe a piece of wood, then put a frame from amvet's around it. Something like that would rock. Time to go browse Lowe's for a couple hours... oh dear :)

I have so many things to do, I don't even know where to begin. School is crazy, summer classes aren't so bad, it's just a lot of work so far! Hopefully it will get better... haha we'll see. I have to do some major sewing, that is top priority. When I get home from school I need to force myself to sit at the sewing machine instead of infront of the tv. Wish me luck ;)

xoxo Katie

2 comments:

  1. great inspirations! I love that first kitchen! And i did that to one of my bookshelves..but just the back. it looks great on the sides, too! I may have to go back and fix mine :)

    fyi- I've just given your blog an award! check it out here: http://littlegrayfox.blogspot.com/2010/06/feeling-love-giving-happy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I know I want to try it! I just bought a black bookshelf and it totally needs it.

    And thank you so much! I am honored :) I'll have to start working on my list!

    ReplyDelete